Miss Maria’s School of Dance would be thrilled to host your child’s birthday party beginning in August 2019 at our NEW location: The Watertown Mall, 550 Arsenal Street, Watertown, MA!
Our birthday parties include princess parties, hip hop parties, pop star parties, toddler parties, and many more themes or styles based on your child’s interests and requests. They are 2 hours long and allow up to 16 children (including the guest of honor and any siblings). The fee is $300. We will be hosting birthday parties at our new location at the Watertown Mall beginning in August. We are not currently hosting birthday parties at our temporary location at the Girl Scouts Cedar hill.
For all of our birthday parties, we do all the set-up and clean-up and lead all the dancing and games in one of our dance rooms. Our studio’s dance props are for use by guests while dancing & playing dance games, including hula hoops, scarves, ribbons, wands, maracas, and our giant parachute. All you need to do is sit back, relax, and take lots of photos of your child having the time of their life.
As a part of the birthday party, you provide:
- Any food that you plan to serve (some families have pizza delivered, others go with only snacks and cake; morning birthdays usually include breakfast treats/fruit; it’s completely up to you on what you’d like to serve at your child’s birthday);
- Drinks (usually either small water bottles or juice boxes);
- Birthday cake or cupcakes;
- All necessary paper and/or plastic products including plates, cups, napkins, and utensils. You may drop off paper products/decorations in advance or you may arrive 30 minutes prior to event. We use two long tables for the guests to sit around (8 children per table), so we recommend purchasing paper/plastic table cloths for them.
- Any favors that you plan to distribute to the children at the conclusion of the party.
- Children arrive, place gifts in a designated area and jackets/shoes in cubbies, and are welcomed into our dance room to hula hoop and dance as the other guests arrive. No street shoes are allowed in our dance rooms. Children and adults must remove shoes before entering our dance room.
- Once the majority of guests are present, we begin our party dances.
- Dancing is interspersed with games such as freeze dance, musical hula-hoops, hot potato, limbo, parachute, etc. We adapt the party based on age of guest of honor and the mix of their guests (boys/girls).
- After the first 30 to 40 minutes, we direct the children to the tables for lunch/snacks; and then return to the dance room for more dancing and games. After approximately another 30 minutes of dancing/games, we break for a group photo and then bring the children back out to the tables for birthday cake or cupcakes that you provide.
- Generally, this will take us to the end of the party, but if there are a few minutes left, we allow the guests to re-enter the dance room for one more game followed with parting stickers and/or stamps.