Covid-19 Procedures & Protocols in place at the studio:
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and Governmental Orders, our dance studio temporarily closed to the public on March 16, 2020. Although our studio was closed, we continued to offer dance classes via Zoom to finish out our 9th dance season, which concludes on June 27, 2020. We are planning to re-open our studio to the public beginning on Monday, July 6, with a reduced Summer Dance schedule. In an effort to ensure the safety and well-being of our customers and our staff, we have implemented the following safety standards pursuant to Governmental guidelines and restrictions:
1) All employees, including assistant student helpers, are required to wear face masks while inside our studio and while teaching dance.
2) Seating in our waiting area and staff break room has been reduced to ensure that everyone can practice adequate social distancing. All magazines have been removed from our waiting area and we encourage parents to drop off their children at our glass door entrance and not to enter our studio.
3) Dance rooms that will be in use for dance instruction have been outlined in brightly colored tape to clearly identify areas for dancers and to allow for proper social distancing while dancing.
4) Cubbies have been taped off to ensure that use is limited pursuant to reduced capacity and properly spaced out to allow for social distancing. Students will no longer be allowed to share any dance props. Any props used by our dance students will be disinfected and cleaned before another student is allowed to use it again.
5) We will only allow our dancers to enter the studio, and require them to wear a face mask in order to gain entry. Students under the age of 5 years are not required to wear a face mask.
6) Face masks may be removed by students only after they have entered the dance room and are able to maintain proper social distance from all other students and instructor. If an instructor is considered high-risk, then students must keep their face coverings on during class.
7) Any dance teachers, assistants, or students who are displaying Covid-19 symptoms are asked to remain home and not report to work/attend dance class. Students who do not feel well may log into class via Zoom from home.
8) We will continue to offer our classes via Zoom for students who are not yet comfortable returning to dance class at our studio. Moreover, due to capacity restrictions and smaller class sizes, Zoom will be a great way to supplement enrollments.
9) Staff will clean and disinfect all common surfaces before and after each dance class. This includes, but is not limited to, stereo/music equipment, ballet barres, dance props, dance floors, door handles, light switches, any chairs/tables that may be used by an employee or student, and bathrooms. We will no longer be offering acrobatic classes, therefore our dance mats will not be touched/used/moved.
10) As a part of our cleaning protocols, staff and dancers will be required to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer before and after each class.
HAIR: Shoulder length or longer hair must be tied back neatly in a ponytail or bun.
SHOES: No one is allowed to enter the dance room with street shoes. If appropriate dance shoes are forgotten, then student must dance barefoot.
CLOTHES: Appropriate dance attire must be worn according to the guidelines below. Layers are only permitted in cold weather months, and must be removed once the body is warmed up so that instructors can assess proper body alignment.
NOT ALLOWED: Jeans are not allowed in any class. Outside street shoes, food and gum are never allowed in the dance rooms.